1) Don’t try to take down everything in your notes, you’ll get bored quickly.
2) Keep a pen and notebook handy, and jot down definitions or equations you find confusing or particularly hard to memorize.
3) Bring a note-taking gadget of your choice to class.
4) Sit close to the front of the classroom. It can be tempting to sit far back, but we all know these kids get the lower grades come test time.
5) Force yourself to ask a pointed question every lecture. This not only makes you stay in tune with the discussion, but will put your face and voice in the professors mind. They’re in charge of your grades.
6) Always listen for keywords like upcoming quiz, exam, or paper. These come at the end of class, and should be written down.
7) Make 1-2 friends for the sake of studying with; don’t roll into class with your entire sports team and occupy the same row. The kid who wants to listen least will distract everyone else.
8) Take time after class to contact your professor with questions, they often love to help.
9) Learn the best study methods for YOU, and practice them often.
10) Turn your phone off, come on, its a short period of the day and you are paying to be there.