What if you created a professional Facebook page where employers and potential employers can go to find out more information about your ongoing professional development?
This page can also be a place to interact with work colleagues that you may not want to let in on your personal profile.
Here’s How To Create a Professional Facebook Presence:
- Head to Facebook.com/pages. You’ll need to log in to your profile to begin. Hit ‘Create a Page’ at the top right of the page to get started.
- Choose the most appropriate category for yourself – probably ‘Artist, Band or Public Figure’.
- Set up your page just as you would your personal profile. Use a different image than on your personal profile – otherwise it gets confusing later as to whether you’re on your profile or page.
- Start using Facebook as your page. Under ‘Account’ in the top right corner, choose the ‘Use Facebook As Page’ option – and make sure you ‘switch’ to the page. You are now operating as your professional self.
- Find professional pages of groups or businesses in your field and ‘like’ them.
- Whenever you comment now on a post from another page, the comment comes from your professional image! Keep it up!
Done! You can ‘switch’ back and forth between your personal profile and professional page easily through the ‘Account’ tab at the top right of the Facebook page.