The quintessential dorm room lighting choice takes on a whole new dimension during the holidays! Christmas lights are the cheapest and easiest way to decorate for the holidays, and have a myriad of uses:
- Wrap multicolored Christmas lights around your bedpost and bed frame for sugarplum dreams!
- Drape icicle Christmas lights from your closet or dresser top.
- Create a glowing illusion by running lights all around the perimeter of your room where your ceiling meets the walls.
- Use Christmas lights (white or multicolored) to create a faux headboard over your bed.
- Crisscross the lights from wall to wall near the ceiling to really make the room feel cozy.
- Stuff the cord of lights inside a large jar or around an empty bottle for simple and festive decor.
- Use the lights to make an outline of a Christmas tree, Star of David, or Kwanzaa symbols on your wall or in the hallway.
To hang your lights, use Command hooks or strong, clear tape (I use packing tape) to keep them from falling and keep your walls in tact.